Chef Software Projects
View this content on GitHub
Software projects at Chef are made up many libraries and sub-projects managed by Chef. There are currently over 500 such software repositories, which together make up our core projects:
- Chef Infra Client - A systems integration framework, built to bring the benefits of configuration management to your entire infrastructure.
- Chef InSpec - A testing framework for infrastructure with a human- and machine-readable language for specifying compliance, security and policy requirements.
- Chef Habitat - Software that creates platform-independent build artifacts and provides built-in deployment and management capabilities.
- Chef Automate - Automate gives users actionable data about their applications and infrastructure automation as well as the tools to take action based on that data.
- Chef Workstation - Everything you need to get started using Chef products on Windows, Mac and Linux.
There are many Chef ecosystem projects, which are sponsored by Chef Software, but not directly managed by the company. As these are not official Chef Software projects, they will have their own GitHub organizations as well as contribution processes. See the individual projects for more information on getting involved.